A Gay Men’s Intimacy Therapy Group with men of all ages meets on Wednesdays from 7:00pm to 8:30pm.
Gestalt Psychotherapy Interactive Group for gay male individuals who want to improve their relationships and communication – to deal with intimacy problems and other obstacles to relating effectively. This is a group of 7-8 men with a licensed practitioner with many years experience in group facilitation. The group is primarily for higher functioning individuals and meets in a private office in downtown Manhattan.
Email Gary M. Prottas at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-645-1152.
This Group is an opportunity for Gay Men to share their personal experiences, problems and feelings in an environment of trust and safety.
Issues dealt with include:
- Intimacy & Trust vs Isolation and Guardedness
- Effective Communication and learning to speak up
- Dealing with conflict in a healthy manner
- Relationships and how to improve them
- Overcome feelings of anxiety, inadequacy and lowered self esteem or self worth
- How to receive and give healthy feedback without offending someone
- Learning to explore what gets in your way of relating effectively and intimately
- Sexual compulsion and how to stop acting out
Other issues dealt with in these groups include: HIV/AIDS, shame, anxiety, social fear, lack of emotional support, people in recovery and other issues.
Please contact Gary for more information.