I have provided counseling in various forms since 1990. I have studied meditation since 1982, facilitated a meditation group and provided spiritual counseling and relationship coaching. I am very familiar with different forms of meditation. I have an undergraduate degree in Health Sciences and Psychology. I received my first graduate degree as a Masters of Professional Services in Health Services Administration from the New School. I received my second graduate degree as a Masters of Social Work in 2007 in clinical care from New York University. As of July 2012 I am a certified Clinical Hypnotist. I received my post graduate four year clinical fellowship training in Gestalt Therapy in 2005. I received my Psychoanalytic License in the summer of 2006.
I have extensive experience with issues relating to relationships, sexuality, physical illnesses, couple’s and marital counseling, adult survivors of childhood molestation, people in recovery and spirituality. I work with individuals, couples and groups, and I have been facilitating groups since 1982. I have worked in a variety of settings and this has included several hospitals, in both inpatient and outpatient areas. I have also worked in a nursing home, home health, a day health care program and in psychiatric settings. I enjoy working with people of all backgrounds, ethnicities and orientations.
Gary is a member of the following organizations:
- The Parnell Institute – EMDR Training
- National Association of Social Workers
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- National & NY Society for Clinical Social Work
- Identity House
- Alumni group of the Gestalt Associates for Psychotherapy
- (International) Association for the Advancement of Gestalt Therapy (AAGT)
- National Registry of Certified Group Psychotherapists – Gary is a Certified Group Psychotherapist